Hello Everyone, welcome to Foodie Fridays! This week I’m going to show you how to make “Stuffed Zucchini”. YUMMMM! At the end of the recipe, I’ll tell you where I get my ingredients in Shenzhen and a rough estimate of the cost. This is a really inexpensive meal and it’s pretty simple to make!
1 chicken breast
1 red bell pepper
1 hot pepper
Seasoning (you could use your favorites, I used paprika, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, and some other random seasonings)
1. Dice the chicken up into cubes! Use a skillet to cook it with some olive oil or coconut oil! While it’s cooking, chop up some red peppers and throw it in there! (You could use yellow or green peppers or red/yellow/green). Make sure to add all your favorite seasonings in it! (you could even cook the chicken inside of your rice cooker and it’ll become shredded, whatever is more convenient for you)
2. While the chicken and peppers are cooking, hollow out the zucchini, DON’T throw the remaining zucchini pieces away, put them to the side and dice them up later!
3. On a lightly greased aluminum foil, place the zucchini on it by itself, I put paprika and pepper on the inside of the hollowed out zucchini to make it more tasteful! Cook it on 350 F (175 C) for 15-20 minutes!
4. While the hollowed out zucchini cooks in the oven, the chicken and peppers should be done, so remove it from the pan!
5. Now take the left over zucchini pieces and dice it up and sauté it in the same pan or different pan for about 10 minutes!
6. Now take out the zucchini, then put the chicken and red pepper filling inside of it! Then add the remainder zucchini pieces on the aluminum foil next to the filled zucchini, or you could continue to let it sauté in the pan! If you have a small container that is safe to go in the oven, then put the salsa in it! You could use cold salsa, but I prefer hot salsa! (I ended up using mild salsa by the way)! Place everything back in the oven and cook it for 15 minutes on 350 F (175 C) 😍
7. YAH! You’re all done, so take it all out and set it nicely on a plate and ENJOY ! I took the salsa and spread it on top of the chicken and peppers! It was delicious!
Where do you get your ingredients Hulda??
Three main places that I get my products from are either Walmart, Olé at Grand Theater (Exit C) or Nogogo.cn
1 zucchini (any local supermarket, walmart, olé, or nogogo.cn) ~4¥
1 chicken breast (Tyson chicken from Olé) I only buy my chicken products from either Olé or Nogogo.cn) ~17¥
1 red bell pepper (local supermarket, olé, nogogo.cn) ~6¥
1 hot pepper (local supermarket, olé, nogogo.cn)~4¥
Salsa (nogogo.cn and olé, olé is a bit cheaper) 14¥
Seasoning (definitely olé and nogogo.cn) ~20-30¥
6¥ is roughly about 1 USD
NOTE: You could be quite creative with this meal and add whatever you like to it! Let me know if you end up trying out this recipe or if you changed the recipe around! I would love the feedback!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read!
NEXT #FOODIEFRIDAY will be apple pies!